Before delving into homeopathy let us first discuss the allopathic treatment available for hemorrhoids. Piles are also known as hemorrhoids.
When a piles patient consults an allopathic doctor, he prescribes painkillers, oral antibiotics,and ointments for local application.
With this treatment, the symptoms and discomfort of the patient gets better for few days butsoon all the symptoms reappear. Now the allopathic doctor advises surgery.
There can be many complications of surgery like post-operative pain, infection, bleeding, scar tissue, perianal abscess, fistula in ano.
The most important thing is that the surgery does not cure the underlying cause of piles;as a resultthere are chances of recurrence.
Now we will discuss about homeopathic treatment which can save you from unwanted surgery.
- Homeopathy treats the basic cause of piles that is hepato-portal hypertension. This is done by fixing the liver congestion.
- Our medicines cure piles as well as chronic constipation and hard stools.
- Homeopathy is not against surgery. Surgery is required when medicines do not work. As hemorrhoids have excellent permanent treatment in homeopathy then why should we take the risk of surgery.
- Homeopathy is safe, natural, gentle and without side effects.
- Homeopathy treats the root cause of piles,as a result the chances of recurrence are rare.
- I have seen in my clinical practice, which I have been doing since 1997, that once the patient starts our medicines problems like bleeding, pain, burning, itching, dischargestarts getting better.Usually, it takes about 4 to 10 months to completely recover from piles depending upon patient to patient.
I consult piles patient regularly in my practice and according to me classical constitutional homeopathic treatment only works in piles. Readymade patent medicines do not work. Infact, over the counter medicines cause side effects.
Number of Medicines
There are around 278 medicines in homeopathy forpiles or hemorrhoids which are amazingly effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease hemorrhoids. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After this, he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
While treating piles I prescribe for one month and then review the patient after that. Every month the case is studied again thereby finetuning the medicines and their potencies.
Nothing is fixed in homeopathic treatment; remedies change according to the condition of the patient.
I always say, “homeopathy is not readymade, it is tailormade.”
How much improvement you get in hemorrhoids depends upon your choice of doctor. These days KYC is done in banks; I think patients should also do KYD – Know Your Doctor.