What is Fibroadenoma Breast?
Fibroadenoma is the most common benign tumor of the female breast. Benign means it is not cancerous. This is a new growth composed of both fibrous and glandular tissues.
Fibroadenoma can occur at any age, but it is more common in females of 15 to 35 years of age.
Types of Fibroadenoma Breast
Fibroadenoma are divided into two types:
Hard fibroadenoma is most common in young females. It grows slowly and never attains a big size.
Soft fibroadenoma is common in older females. It grows rapidly and is large in size.
Causes of Fibroadenoma Breast
- Hormonal imbalance causes excess of estrogen in the body. This leads to growth of fibroadenoma.
- Females on OCPs (Oral Contraceptive Pills) are at a higher risk of developing fibroadenoma.
- I have seen in my clinical practice, which I have been doing since 1997, that fibroadenoma can develop after injury to the breast.
Symptoms of Fibroadenoma Breast
- These are solid breast lumps which are round with well-defined smooth borders.
- These lumps grow slowly and are often seen in the lower part of the breast.
- These can be moved easily and are thus known as breast mouse.
- These lumps are firm and feel like rubber ball.
- Generally, these are painless but sometimes they may cause slight pain or discomfort.
- A patient can have one or many fibroadenomas.
How to Diagnose Fibroadenoma Breast
Your doctor will check both breasts for lumps. As some fibroadenomas are too small to feel, one should get the breast ultrasound done which does not miss anything.
When a fibroadenoma breast patient consults an allopathic doctor, he advises her for surgery because there is no medicine for breast lumps in allopathy.
Various complications can occur due to surgery like:
- Some females get pain in the breast after surgery.
- There is risk of infection until the surgical wound heals.
- Sometimes after surgery, blood gets collected in the breast, which needs to be removed through another surgery.
- I have seen in my clinical practice, which I have been doing since 1997, that fibroadenoma reoccurs even after surgical removal; this is because surgery does not correct the root cause of fibroadenoma.
- Sometimes, breast size and shape deform due to surgery.
- Homeopathy has natural medicines that dissolve fibroadenoma and prevent its recurrence.
- Homeopathic medicines also improve the lymphatic drainage and blood supply of the breast. This helps in drainage of tumor causing toxins from the breasts.
- Homeopathy treatment cures hormonal imbalance and that too without hormone medicines.
- Homeopathy is safe, natural, gentle & without side effects.
- In my practice, I consult fibroadenoma patients regularly. According to my experience only classical constitutional homeopathic treatment works in it. Readymade patent medicines do not work in fibroadenoma.
- Systematic homeopathic treatment gradually reduces the size of the lump and finally dissolves it completely.
Generally, improvement starts within 4 to 8 weeks of treatment. How much time it takes to treat fibroadenoma completely depends upon the number and size of lumps.
Number of Medicines
There are around 53 medicines in homeopathy for breast fibroadenoma which are very effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease ‘Breast Fibroadenoma’. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After that he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
In Fibroadenoma, I prescribe for one month and then review the patient after that. Every month the case is studied again thereby finetuning the medicines and their potencies.
Nothing is fixed in homeopathy treatment; and remedies change according to the condition of the patient.
As I always say, “homeopathy is not readymade, it is tailormade.” How much improvement you get in fibroadenoma depends upon your choice of doctor.
Name of Medicines
Friends in this blog I have not named any medicines, nor I have promoted medicines of any company; because by doing so I will be playing with your health and may harm you. A sane doctor will never do this!
Research Study about Role of Homeopathy
A study has been published in Thieme Medical 2020 under the title “Homeopathic Management of Breast Fibroadenoma.”
Findings of the study are:
- About 36% of patients had fibroadenoma completely cured.
- About 35% of patients had partial relief with reduction in both size and number of lumps.
From this study we can understand that homeopathy is quite effective in fibroadenoma and can save the patient from surgery. Also homeopathy can prevent fibroadenoma from recurring.
Top 8 Home Remedies & Diet Tips
- Mix few drops of ginger oil and castor oil in primrose oil. Massage both breasts with this oil twice a day. This helps in increasing blood and lymph circulation of breasts which helps in draining the toxin build up. This helps in prevention and treatment of fibroadenoma.
- If there is pain in breast lump, then apply cold pack for 10 minutes. This will help reduce the discomfort.
- Avoid carbonated soft drinks like Coke and Pepsi.
- Avoid too much alcohol.
- Reduce non vegetarian food in your diet.
- Eat whole grain foods because they have high amount of fibre which helps in preventing hormonal imbalance.
- Take 2 cod liver oil capsules with food twice a day. It is rich in Vitamin D, Vitamin A & Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
- Eat food rich in Vitamin E such as soybean, almonds, sunflower seeds, dry apricot, and peanut.