What is Anal Fissure?
Anal fissure is a very common and painful condition. Basically, there is a vertical crack in the anal canal. Crack happens due to hard stool. Sometimes, fissure develops due to scratching of the anus skin.
Anal canal is the passage for stool; as a result, the healing becomes slow because of frequent breakage of healed edges of the fissure.
- Pain during bowel movement. Sometimes patient feels knife-like pain. The pain is severe and usually persists for 2 to 4 hours after stool.
- Anus area feels contracted.
- Bright red blood with stool.
- Discharge, swelling and itching occurs especially with chronic fissure.
- The most common cause of anal fissure is constipation and hard stool.
- Sometimes, surgery of piles or haemorrhoids causes anal stenosis due to which stool passes with difficulty and fissure develops.
- Chronic loose motions can also cause anal fissure.
- Multiple pregnancies.
- Anal intercourse or sex.
- Rare causes are Crohn’s disease, IBD, ulcerative colitis, STDs, Cancer and so on.
When an anal fissure patient consults an allopathic doctor, he prescribes pain killers, antibiotics, laxatives and ointments for external applications. This gives temporary relief but gradually the fissure becomes a chronic fissure. Now the doctor advises surgery like anal dilatation, fissurectomy and so on.
Surgery may cause serious complications like uncontrolled gas and stool, infection and anesthesia related complications.
The most frustrating thing is even after going through surgery fissure recurs.
After all this a patient is forced to think whether surgery is the only option in anal fissure? My answer to this question is ‘No’.
Anal fissure can be treated with homeopathy without surgery.
Homeopathy has excellent treatment for anal fissure.
A patient should think about surgery only when homeopathic treatment fails completely.
According to my clinical experience 90% of fissure cases do not require surgery if they consult a reputed experienced homeopathic doctor.
Now I will tell you what to expect with homeopathic treatment:
- Natural healing process becomes fast.
- The blood supply to fissure increases which helps in healing.
- The anal spam becomes relaxed.
- Prevention of infection.
- Constipation becomes better.
- The other symptoms related to anal fissure also become better.
- The chance of recurrence also reduces.
While treating fissure I give special attention to the underlying cause which is constipation in most cases.
The cause of constipation is taken care of like:
- Sedentary habits
- Dietary errors
- Mental stress
- Weakness of digestive muscles
In most patient improvement starts within 3 to 7 weeks, and it may take 6 to 8 months to cure the fissure completely.
Number of Medicines
There are around 87 medicines in homeopathy for anal fissure which are very effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease anal fissure. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After that he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
Name of Medicines?
In this blog I have not named any medicines, nor I have promoted medicines of any company; because by doing so I will be playing with your health and may harm you. A sane doctor will never do this.
Top 8 Home Remedies & Diet Tips
- Sitz bath: Sit in warm water twice a day. To promote healing you may add 5 tablespoons of calendula mother tincture.
- Apply calendula ointment twice a day on the affected area; this relieves the pain and promotes healing.
- Avoid constipation and diarrhoea through diet and exercise.
- Avoid straining during bowel movements; because this can cause a new tear or open a healed fissure.
- Eat high-fibre food like nuts, fruits, vegetables, whole grains.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Avoid eating rich spicy food; also decrease the amount of nonveg in your diet.
- Turmeric milk: Drink turmeric milk once a day.