Friends, today we will discuss about whether vaginal yeast infection has treatment in homeopathy? If yes, then how it is done.
What is Vaginal Yeast Infection & its Symptoms?
Vaginal yeast infection is also known as vaginal fungal infection and vaginal candida.
It causes a smelly, thick, white yellow discharge accompanied by itching, redness, burning, swelling in both vulva and vagina.
There is pain during walking, urinating and sex.
Sometimes it causes cracks in vulvar area.
Rarely it can be an early symptom of HIV infection.
Causes & Risk Factors
Most yeast infections are caused by a type of yeast called candida albicans.
A healthy vagina has many friendly bacteria which help keep candida albicans under control.
When something happens which decreases these friendly bacteria, yeast grows too much and causes symptoms of yeast infection.
This can happen due to many reasons:
- Taking too many antibiotics.
- High estrogen levels caused by pregnancy or hormone replacement therapy like contraceptive pills.
- Health problems like diabetes or HIV infections.
- Contraceptive devices like IUD e.g., Copper T and so on.
When a vaginal yeast infection patient consults a gynaecologist, she prescribes antifungal medicines – oral, cream for local application.
For local application creams like miconazole, clotrimazole, tioconazole and butoconazole are prescribed.
Fluconazole is prescribed orally.
With this treatment, the symptoms and discomfort of the patient gets better.
But as soon as the treatment is stopped all the symptoms reappear. This happens again and again which is very frustrating for the patient.
Gradually the medicines stop working and the patient feels tremendous discomfort.
Apart from this, allopathic medicines can cause various side effects.
I have seen in my clinical practice, which I have been doing since 1997, that the patients coming to us have had allopathic treatment for vaginal yeast infection. But even then, their problem is not solved.
Symptoms like painful urination, vulvar soreness & itching, pain during sex, redness, burning, swelling of vulva & vagina, abnormal vaginal discharge bothers them a lot. Sometimes vulvar area develops cracks.
I have also seen that frequent antibiotic usage is present in the history of the patient. Antibiotics kill the friendly bacteria, due to which patients get vaginal yeast infection or candidiasis.
Friendly bacteria basically control the growth of harmful bacteria. So, abuse of antibiotics should be avoided.
I never prescribe external creams for vaginal yeast infection because I believe that the use of external application leads to suppression of the problem and does not cure it.
According to me, classical constitutional homeopathic treatment can treat vaginal yeast infection effectively.
This type of prescription not only takes care of the infection but also treats the patient as a whole and improves general health.
There are no antibiotics in homeopathy.
Homeopathic remedies remove the tendency of recurrent vaginal infection by improving the immune system which creates such an environment in the body that candida albicans cannot grow and sustain in it; and the yeast infection of the patient is cured.
Homeopathy is safe, natural, gentle and with no side effects.
Gradually, with homeopathic treatment the severity and frequency of symptoms reduce.
Generally, it takes approximately 6 to 8 months for complete betterment of vaginal yeast infection.
Number of Medicines
There are around 43 medicines in homeopathy for vaginal yeast infection which are very effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease vaginal yeast infection. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After this he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
In candidiasis I prescribe for one month and then review the patient after that. Every month the case is studied again thereby finetuning the medicines and their potencies.
Nothing is fixed in homeopathic treatment; and remedies change according to the condition of the patient. As I always say, “homeopathy is not readymade, it is tailormade” and the treatment constantly changes according to the situation of the patient.
Name of Medicines?
Friends, in this blog I have not named any medicines, nor I have promoted medicines of any company; because by doing so I will be playing with your health and may harm you. A sane doctor will never do this.
Top 13 home remedies & diet tips for vaginal yeast infection
- Yoghurt or Curd: It is a probiotic and contains lactobacillus acidophilus which controls yeast candida albicans. Do not add sugar.
- Eat vitamin C rich food like amla, orange, kiwi, plums and so on.
- Use garlic in food; it is a known natural antifungal & antibiotic.
- Eat less sugar, especially if you have diabetes.
- Do not abuse antibiotics for any disease.
- Coconut oil: It is effective against candida albicans and can be applied to the vulva & vagina.
- Do not use scented vaginal sprays and lotions.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable underwear.
- If your clothes have become wet due to some reason, change them as soon as possible because fungus spreads in damp conditions.
- Keep your vaginal area dry and clean. Avoid soap and rinse with water only.
- Avoid douching. It may worsen vaginal discharge because it removes healthy bacteria.
- Avoid very hot baths.
- Regular sex increases the blood flow of the vagina; and this keeps the vagina healthy by keeping candida albicans under control.