Friends, today we will discuss how recurrent styes are treated permanently with homeopathy. In the end, I will tell some home remedies which will help to prevent the recurrence of styes.
What are Styes?
The stye is like a pimple or an abscess at the edge of the eyelids. The eyelid gland becomes infected by bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.
Generally, styes have tendency to recur because ofweakness of the immune system.
In my clinical practice, which I have been doing since 1997, I have seen that frequently stress, blepharitis, skin problems and diabetes are some of the reasons behind styes.
Before we discuss about homeopathy let us understand allopathic treatment of styes.
- Antibiotics: Oral antibiotics, antibiotic ointment and antibiotic eyedrops are usually prescribed.
- Pain killers: Theseare given to ease pain and discomfort.
- Surgery: In surgery pus is drained through incision & drainage.
- Steroid Injection: In this steroid injection is given into the eyelid to reduce the swelling.
You all know about the side effects of antibiotics, pain killers and steroids.
Surgery may cause complications everyone knows it.
Homeopathy is safe, deep acting, results are long-lasting; and it corrects the immune system.
Styes can be treated permanently with homeopathy without antibiotics, pain killers, surgery and steroids.
The most important thing is recurrence of styes completely stops with homeopathic treatment.
The reason is homeopathic medicines create an environment in the body that it becomes difficult for the bacteria to remain viable.
It takes about 2 to 6 months to completely recover from recurrent styes.
“Homeopathy blesses you with beautiful eyes”.
Number of Medicines
There are around 89 medicines in homeopathy for styes which are very effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease ‘styes’. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After that he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
In styes I prescribe for one month and then review the patient after that. Every month the case is studied again thereby finetuning the medicines and their potencies.
Nothing is fixed in homeopathic treatment and remedies change according to the condition of the patient. As I always say, “homeopathy is not readymade, it is tailormade” and the treatment constantly changes according to the situation of the patient.
How much improvement you get in styes depends upon your choice of doctor. These days KYC is done in banks and mutual funds; I think patients should also do KYD – Know your doctor.
Name of Medicines?
I have not named any medicines, nor I have promoted medicines of any company; because by doing so I will be playing with your health and may harm you. A sane doctor will never do this.
Home Remedies for Prevention
- Don’t touch the stye or squeeze pus from the it.
- Clean the eyes with mild soap and water at least twice a day.
- Apply warm wet cloth compresses over the affected part. This helps in pus drainage.
- Boric acid eye wash: This is a very old and effective way. Boric acid has antiseptic and antibiotic properties and it also reduces the inflammation. You may buy boric acid from any chemist shop. Dissolve a tablespoon of boric acid in 1 liter of warm water; then store this water in a clean bottle after it cools down. Wash your eyes thrice a day with this water.
- Stop the use of contact lenses and eye makeup.
- Don’t share cosmetics and eye tools.