Friends, today we will talk about homeopathic treatment of kidney stones without surgery. In the end I will give some diet tips for prevention.
Before we discuss about homeopathic treatment of kidney stones let us talk about its allopathic treatment.
In allopathy there are 5 ways to treat kidney stones; but these are all temporary, suppressive and full of side effects.
- Generally, pain killers& antibiotics are prescribed to treat pain and blockage due to kidney stones. We all know about the side effects of these which include damage to liver and kidneys.
- Lithotripsy (ESWL Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy): In this technique stone is broken into smaller pieces so that these smaller pieces can easily pass through the urinary system. In most patients the stone recurs within 2 years. Lithotripsy may cause diabetes and also in most of the patients it is contraindicated.
- Endoscopic treatment
- PCNL: Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Open Surgery
All these procedures are invasive and causes side effects like bleeding, infection, adhesions and scar tissue. More importantly, surgery cannot treat the tendency of stone formation so they form again and again.
In order to remove stone completely two things are important – first to remove stone and second to prevent recurrent stone formation.
Homeopathy can do both the things properly and systematically.
I am practicing since 1997 and according to my clinical knowledge homeopathy can deal with both acute and chronic kidney stones effectively.
With homeopathy acute pain gets better and stone easily passes through the urinary tract.
Homeopathy also stops recurrent stone formation.
Before undergoing surgery, one should always consult an experienced homeopathic doctor because 95% of cases can be cured without surgery.
Those who have gone through surgery should also take homeopathic treatment to prevent recurrence of stones.
Homeopathy is safe, effective and natural and saves you from strong allopathic medicines and surgery.
Depending upon patient to patient, size and number of kidney stones homeopathic treatment must be taken for 8 to12 months.
Number of Medicines
There are around 87 medicines in homeopathy for kidney stones which are very effective.
Now which of these medicines are to be given, in how much potency, how many times in a day – this is a complicated process which only a highly qualified and experienced doctor can do.
A sensible doctor never prescribes on the name of the disease ‘kidney Stone’. He takes complete history of the patient, then studies his symptoms properly.
After that he selects the medicines keeping in mind the susceptibility of the patient and decides upon the potency and repetition of medicines.
My Approach to Treatment
In kidney stoneswe prescribe for one month and then we review the patient after that. Every month the case is studied again thereby fine tuning the medicines and their potencies.
Nothing is fixed in homeopathic treatment and remedies change according to the condition of the patient. As I always say, “homeopathy is not readymade, it is tailormade” and the treatment constantly changes according to the situation of the patient.
How much improvement you get in kidney stones depends upon your choice of doctor. These days KYC is done in banks and mutual funds; I think patients should also do KYD – Know your doctor.
Name of Medicines?
Friends I have not named any medicines, nor I have promoted medicines of any company; because by doing so I will be playing with your health and may harm you. A sane doctor will never do this.
Diet Tips for Prevention
- Drink at least 3 liters of water in a day; drink small quantity of water at short intervals.
- Reduce food items which are rich in calcium oxalate like spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, apple juice, chocolate, soda, cold drinks, berries, tea and so on.
- To keep uric acid in range, eat low protein diet. Reduce intake of kidney beans, chickpea and non veg food.
- Take less salt in diet.
- Avoid Vitamin D supplement because it increases the level of calcium oxalate.